How to Maintain and Care for Your Folding Travel Mobility Scooter
Folding travel mobility scooters are a fantastic choice for those with limited mobility. They can be an expensive investment, so knowing how to take care of your scooter is essential to preserve its lifetime as long as possible. We will discuss the top tips on how you can maintain and care for your folding mobility scooter:
The battery is the core of a mobility scooter, so knowing how to charge it properly is crucial.
- It's best to charge the battery after each use, even if it hasn't run out.
- Overnight charging can damage the battery as you may be charging your scooter much longer than you need to.
- Once your scooter is charged, disconnect it.
- Don’t leave your battery to charge in extremely hot or cold conditions as this can damage the battery.
Ensuring you are looking after your tyres properly is important for a smooth ride.
- Check tyre pressure regularly, check the recommended tyre pressure for your scooter, and then use a gauge and ensure it meets expectations. If your tyres are under-inflated or over-inflated it may affect your mobility scooter's stability.
- Regularly inspect the tyres tread to check for wear and tear, and if there is lots of wear then replace the tyres to maintain traction on surfaces.
- If your tyres get dirty then you can clean them with mild soap and some water, but avoid harsh chemicals as they may damage the tyres.
Cleaning your folding travel mobility scooter is vital to maintain its appearance and functionality. Follow these guidelines:
- Cleaning: When cleaning your scooter, just wipe it down with a dampened cloth and avoid using lots of water that could get into the electrics of the mobility scooter and damage it.
- Seat and Upholstery: You may clean the upholstery with a mild detergent. Review your manufacturer guide as it might guide you on acceptable upholstery cleaners.
- Folding Mechanisms: To ensure the folding mechanisms can work efficiently you must keep them clean- removing all dirt and dust. Use a silicone-based lubricant to keep the operation running smoothly.
When you aren't using your folding mobility scooter, store it somewhere clean and dry. If you are going away or leaving your scooter for an extended amount of time, it's key that the battery is not left on charge.
If you follow these tips, we can ensure your folding mobility scooter will last much longer and continue to run smoothly and safely. Just remember to clean the scooter regularly, store it in a dry place and perform routine maintenance checks.
We also consistently post lots of other information that is very useful to know when you have a mobility scooter which you can find here.