Discover the latest enhancement to your mobility scooter shopping experience at Betty & Bertie – a complimentary insurance policy now included with every mobility scooter purchase.
We have teamed up with Fish Insurance who have for over 45 years have been providing specialist insurance products to protect people in the UK within the disability, mobility, and care sectors to give you insurance for your first year of ownership (you will be free to renew this insurance at the end of your first year at cost if you wish – it is totally up to you).
Fish Insurance cover up to the 'Lite' for scooter values up to £1,500 or 'Standard' for scooter values up to £7,000.
We're dedicated to ensuring your safety and worry-free enjoyment of your mobility scooter, which is why we've teamed up with Fish Insurance to seamlessly integrate coverage into your order process.
When you choose a Betty & Bertie mobility scooter, you're not just getting a reliable mode of transportation – you're also getting the peace of mind that comes with insurance protection.
How Does It Work?
- Order Placement: When you place an order for a mobility scooter on our website you are automatically eligible to apply for the year’s insurance.
- Your permission to share your details to obtain the insurance: Once your order is confirmed we will send you an email asking your permission to securely forward your details to our trusted insurance provider, Fish Insurance.
- Contact from Fish Insurance: Once you have given us permission to pass your details on to Fish Insurance they will reach out to you directly using the contact information you provided during the purchase. This contact will typically occur within a few days of us passing your details to them and they will handle the policy setup process.
- Policy Setup: Fish Insurance will guide you through the process of setting up your insurance policy. They will obtain the necessary information from you to ensure your mobility scooter is properly covered.
- Coverage Activation: Once you've completed the required steps with Fish Insurance, your insurance coverage will be activated. You will then be protected while using your Betty & Bertie mobility scooter.
- Enjoy your piece of mind, knowing you are insured for 12 months.
Lupin: Loss or damage cover up to £1,500
Ren & Zinnia: Loss or damage cover up to £7,000
- Accidental and malicious damage.
- Fire, which could be accidental or the result of arson.
- Storm, which are incidents caused by the elements and are unavoidable.
- Damage as a result of a flood as long as you’ve taken every precaution to safeguard your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair.
- Theft or attempted theft. This must be forcible. For example, if you leave your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair with the key in the ignition then no cover would be in force if it was stolen.
- Loss or damage to accessories unless the scooter or powered wheelchair is damaged at the same time.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown, failure or derangement, or manufacturing defects.
- Wear and tear.
- Any mobility scooter or powered wheelchair that can exceed 8 mph.
Lupin: Personal accident cover up to £1,500
Ren & Zinnia: Personal accident cover up to £3,000
- If the user is accidentally injured in direct connection with the use of the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair provided that within 3 months of the accident the injury is the sole cause of:
- a) death, or
- b) loss of one or more limbs, or
- c) permanent blindness in one or both eyes.
- Any injury where any pre-existing medical condition could have contributed to the cause of the accident or any injury which would not have occurred if you did not have the pre-existing condition.
- Any death, loss of one or more limbs, or permanent blindness in one or both that occurs over 3 months after the accident.
- The geographical limits* of the policy will extend to worldwide in respect of loss or damage and third party liability only, for a maximum period of up to 21 days whilst the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair is temporarily outside the geographical limits.
- *Geographical limits: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- The maximum amount payable in respect of damage to the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair whilst in the possession or control of airport authorities, baggage handlers or whilst on aircraft, is limited to the difference between the amount recovered from the baggage handler and the cost of repair or replacement, not exceeding the market value.
- No third party liability cover in USA or Canada.
Lupin: Third party liability up to £1m
Ren & Zinnia: Third party liability up to 2m
- Cover for accidental damage to third party property or accidental injury to third parties arising from use of the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair.
- Up to the policy limit for any one occurrence.
- Any liability:
- Arising out of wrongful or inadequate advice given by you or on your behalf.
- To any person employed by you or any passenger.
- Arising out of any trade or profession in which you are engaged.
- Arising out of any occurrence in USA or Canada.
- Where the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair has been used for purposes other than that for which it was designed.
- Caused by your wilful act or by the misuse of the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair.
- Following a breakdown reasonable expenses to get you and the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair home.
- Limit any one claim £100.
- The maximum total benefit payable in any one policy year is £200.
- You would be initially required to pay these expenses and then claim them back against the policy.
- Any costs exceeding the policy limits.
- Any claims where proof of costs cannot be provided.
- New for old replacement applies only to scooters or powered wheelchairs less than two years old (or less than three years old in respect of accidental damage claims only) at the time of the incident that leads to a total loss claim where you have owned the mobility scooter or powered wheelchair from new or purchased it as new (i.e. it has never been previously owned by any other person (ex-demonstration model)).
- New for old replacement will not apply to scooters or powered wheelchairs more than two years old (or more than three years old in respect of accidental damage claims only) at the time of the incident that leads to a total loss claim. Claims will be paid on a market value basis.
- If you need to make a claim then the excess fee is only £25
TERMS & CONDITONS
- We only cover up to the 'Lite' or 'Standard' policy depending on the value of your scooter.
- If you want to add tyre puncture cover then this will be at your own cost
- To take out a policy, you must own a Betty & Bertie mobility scooter, purchased through us only
- This policy does not cover 24/7 Mobility Rescue Cover or Puncture Care