The Zinnia utilizes 2 Lithium Ion batteries offering 12 miles of travel on a single charge.
One of the key benefits of the Zinnias dual battery system is that each battery is an Airline friendly 144WH each meaning no special batteries are required for international travel.
The Batteries which are charged with the 29.4V 2A charger provided with the zinnia, are able to be charged either in the scooter or when removed from the scooter if stored separately.
A spare set of Zinnia batteries not only gives you piece of mind when out and about if you have forgotten to charge your main set up but also double your range to 24 miles for a full days adventures.
Battery Health Tips
- Fully charging the battery (charging for more than 12 hours) is good for the battery life.
- Charge your batteries fully at least once every 3 months.
- If you won’t be using your scooter for a long period of time, fully charge the battery and take it out of the scooter for storage.
HOW TO CHARGE YOUR BATTERY:
IN USE CHARGING
- Power off the scooter. Open the cover of the charger cap, then insert the charger plug into the charge port of the scooter.
- Connect the A/C power plug of the charger to a power outlet. Check the light on the charger – the orange coloured light means that charging is in progress, while the green light shows that charging is complete.
- Disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged. Disconnect the AC power source before disconnecting the DC charging plug.
- The charger will show a red light when the scooter is connected to the charger. If it is not on, please check if the power connection is set properly.
- Full charge time is around 8 – 14 hours.
WARNING: Make sure the charger plug is fully plugged into the charging port of the scooter.
The battery can be charged directly from a power outlet. Simply connect the terminal of the battery with the power outlet, and charging will start.
- To remove the battery, grab the battery handle at the rear of the scooter and pull upwards.
- To replace the battery, place it back into the dock and push down until flat. Turn the key switch to the OFF position.
- Then open the charging socket on the rear of the scooter and insert the plug.
- To charge the battery directly, remove the battery from the dock and plug the converter cable (pictured below) into the miniature charging port on the battery (also pictured below), then plug the charging cable into the end of the converter cable, and into a power outlet.
There are two LED lights on the charger. The red light indicates whether the battery is connected to a power outlet. The other light is the charging status indicator, which shows the battery is charging when orange, and fully charged when green.
If the red light continues to show after disconnecting the charger from the power source, there may be something wrong. Normally, the red light will turn off a few seconds after being disconnected.
Warning: The charger provided is the only one designed for the scooter’s battery. We strongly suggest you do not use any other type of charger from other manufacturers.
HOW TO REACH MAXIMUM DRIVING DISTANCE
- Make sure you have a full charge before driving
- Try to avoid driving up steep hills, gravel or soft terrain
- Only carry necessities to reduce the load of the scooter
- Drive smoothly and without intermittent braking and sharp acceleration.
Warning: Do not take the battery apart. Misuse of the battery that causes damage will void the warranty.
Note: Initial battery performance may be reduced due to the effects of transportation, such as temperature variation. A high temperature causes battery power loss, while low temperatures lead to a longer charging time. It will take a few days for the battery to adapt to the environmental temperature before settling to normal levels after transportation.
STEPS TO IMPROVE THE BATTERY PERFORMANCE
- Make sure to charge the battery fully before first use. This should result in around 80% efficiency
- Always charge the battery fully after using. Keep to lower speeds if using for the first time
- Charging battery fully after the second time driving the scooter will increase efficiency to 90%.
- After 4 or 5 full charges, the efficiency will reach 100%
Note: If the battery has been left outside and has frozen, keep it in a warm environment for a few days before using.